I'm fascinated by how advanced the past cultures were. The buildings and Inca culture are every bit as amazing as the Romans. Peru seemed to have as much technology as the Romans except for the wheel and the vault.
I can't quite understand why inca built everything so high in the mountains. There are lovely valleys all over the place but still the towns are only peaks. I understand defense being an issue but it still seems excessive. I guess I need to study more.
For the number of traffic police all over the cities, traffic is sure crazy. Horns honking, making left turns from right lanes, ignoring stop signs and traffic lights. I'm amazed anyone gets anywhere in one piece.
It seems that tourists are required to experience the following: at least one night of freezing in Colca Canyon, hearing El Condor Pasa at least five times a day, corn of some variety at every meal, ditto for potatoes and ditto again for quinoa.
The food here has been fantastic. From our first meal in a braza (where the entire staff stopped what they were doing to watch something called "esta es guerra" on tv) to our splurge meals, the food was fantastic. Fruit has been amazing and so abundant. And so strange. Granadilla? Numerous kinds of cactus? Pacae? All delicious.
It was a great trip, but I'm glad to be home where I can brush my teeth with tap water.
Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete